General Category > General Discussion

Hello and help please....

<< < (2/3) > >>

arcos:

--- Quote from: John D Smith on January 09, 2013, 08:44:46 PM ---Hello Arcos did you manage to get the bottle stoppers you were looking for? Regards John

--- End quote ---

Hi John

No I didnt unfortunately, still looking.

The Axminster ones look about the closest I can find. Fromt memory they also seem to offer 'optics corks'... Cork would be my preference to be honest but not entirely sure how I would deal with the hole all the way through?!?!

Will continue my quest I guess!

John D Smith:
Hi Arcos,There is no problem with the the hole up the middle of the cork I think the size of the bore is 12.5 mm so buy yourself a length of dowel that  diameter drill a hole in the wood that diameter or what ever you are using for your top about 15mm deep glue a piece of dowel with the length of the cork sticking out turn the top holding on the dowel when finished glue the cork on to the dowel. Best of luck I am sure you would find a method with diagrams if you googled it Regards John   

malcy:
Hi Arcos. I seem to remember in my dim and distant past, seeing something on a television programme that said that the artificial 'cork' for wine bottles was developed in Australia for their growing wine market. I also seem to remember that this was the only place to get it. That was a while ago so things have probably changed now. That may be a line of exploration to source this material. That's all I can add to this thread. Hope it helps. Malcolm.

John D Smith:
Hi Arcos, This link may have been posted before if so my apologies if you want to look at any instructional videos click on the link below.

www.woodturningvideos.weebly.com                         Regards John

David Buskell:
Hi Arcos,

Might be worth having alook at Craft Supplies USA. Page 84 of 2011/12 catalogue shows some corks.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version