General Category > General Discussion

My turning days are over

<< < (6/7) > >>

john taylor:
One other thing I forgot to mention was that after being so active and now not, some days being confined to sitting and reading all day, you find you get different aches and pains.   Its a right pain in the butt  ;) I wonder what the treatment is for chair sores. ;D

john

woody:

--- Quote from: john taylor on January 18, 2013, 01:01:02 PM ---One other thing I forgot to mention was that after being so active and now not, some days being confined to sitting and reading all day, you find you get different aches and pains.   Its a right pain in the butt  ;) I wonder what the treatment is for chair sores. ;D

john

--- End quote ---
Hi John I have always been active but my back has got a lot worst I have learned to live with that and managed it quite well but new well I don't know I am finding it difficult to cope with to be honest just sitting isn't me well it never has been and reading I just fall asleep after a little while I'm hoping the model making will keep me going you know the type 36 22 36 LOL I have been out in my work shop today and made a reverse clock from a slice of Yew with the wife filling me ear hole but I will get there in the end and find my nitch  what ever it is I'm not the sort to just sit and vegetate

woody:
Just made a rustic wall clock all I had to turn was a 4" hole and sand and I'm shattered fatigue is another thing this condition brings

petjeffery:
Hi woody

I really sorry to hear the news. Wish there was something we could do to help. I love seeing what you make. And i even tried the wirewool and viniger a few days ago. You have so much info and skill i will miss the big items dealy but look forward to the new chapter. With the small things if there is ever any thing i can do to help please let me know. Take care

woody:
Thanks Pete but it is the end of the woodturning road for me I tried a small clock which just needed 4" removed to house the clock insert  in the back and I ended up with a load of chest pains again so I'm hanging up my lathe and going to settle into wooden model ships I just cleaned up my saw bench this morning for someone to collect and was shattered for the rest of the day to be honest I'm still having trouble getting my head around it all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version