General Category > General Discussion

Freezing wood...?

<< < (2/2)

arcos:

--- Quote from: Andy Coates on January 30, 2013, 10:01:18 PM ---Why would you want to chill a red wine anyway?! Rose perhaps. Or maybe a light Beaujolais. But cold red?

--- End quote ---

When it's 40 degrees at the chosen tipple is red wine then chilled IS the way forward BELIEVE ME!

;)

Devchef1:

--- Quote from: arcos on January 31, 2013, 08:59:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: Andy Coates on January 30, 2013, 10:01:18 PM ---Why would you want to chill a red wine anyway?! Rose perhaps. Or maybe a light Beaujolais. But cold red?

--- End quote ---

When it's 40 degrees at the chosen tipple is red wine then chilled IS the way forward BELIEVE ME!

;)

--- End quote ---

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/jul/05/tim-atkin-chilled-red-wine interesting take on Chilled Red , i prefer mine chilled now :0

arcos:

--- Quote from: Devchef1 on January 31, 2013, 09:05:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: arcos on January 31, 2013, 08:59:58 AM ---

--- End quote ---

;)

--- End quote ---

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/jul/05/tim-atkin-chilled-red-wine interesting take on Chilled Red , i prefer mine chilled now :0

--- End quote ---

Nice article....

Interestingly, the wine here is virtually all 'home made' and really does benefit from chilling!

It's when they start adding Fanta Orange that I begin to object!

Bryan Milham:
I've noticed the continentals don't understand the concept of Lemonade and as such a Shandy can be an 'interesting' taste.

If your lucky it's Sprite and has a hint of lime and yes, I've been served a mix of Lager & Fanta as well!

arcos:

--- Quote from: dr4g0nfly on January 31, 2013, 03:21:00 PM ---I've noticed the continentals don't understand the concept of Lemonade and as such a Shandy can be an 'interesting' taste.

If your lucky it's Sprite and has a hint of lime and yes, I've been served a mix of Lager & Fanta as well!

--- End quote ---

Ah, we DO have 'lemonade' here... in TWO forms! Gaseosa (which is close to UK lemonade) and Lemonade (which is like lemon Fanta)

AND we even have a shandy or 'larger top' option!

Not sure I fancy the Lager and Fanta!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version