General Category > General Discussion

Then it Stopped

<< < (4/6) > >>

woodndesign:

Hi Bryan, that's the very thing I had planned, the stud maybe against the back of the machine, then is that not always the case ..  :D .. wonder for the location and cracked case had been down to something could have dropped on it at some point, damp since got in an caused the failure ...  And yes cut then change out color/# for color/# on replacement.

Paul, well done there, yep, that's the closest Maplins and likely to have one, just the case of fixing and cable tabs/end .. or as pictured looks like spade lugs, maybe not to cut current lead short.

Maplins has most things, wonder if they'd have a drive belt..  all happens at once.

Cheers David

Derwent Woodturning club:
Hi David,
The failure of electrolytic capacitors in this manner is not that unusual. Unless you really whacked it with something, you can put this down to bad luck and old age - the capacitor that is!!! ;D.

These capacitors consist of paper wound in a roll, with chemical in between to store charge. Eventually the paper breaks down and the resulting point of failure rapidly progresses through the component, leaving a horrible, smelly and sticky mess. It was a fairly common fault when I was in the computer industry.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

ru55ell1:
David

I had the same bandsaw and same problem, I got a new capacitor from CPC in Preston, they do mail order and if you call them they are pretty good.

http://cpc.farnell.com/

julcle:
Hi Russell, I had forgotten about CPC. Farnel were in Canal Road when I had an account with them

woodndesign:

--- Quote from: ru55ell1 on April 11, 2013, 11:25:12 PM ---David

I had the same bandsaw and same problem, I got a new capacitor from CPC in Preston, they do mail order and if you call them they are pretty good.

http://cpc.farnell.com/

--- End quote ---

Thank you Russell, that looks a very handy link, endless read as to what they carry and most of it is a case of can do with some of it.

Having a look into all possibilities and the wonders of google, I've got a firm which supplies parts from most all major tool manfactures, so as I needed a drive belt as well have gone with that and it will be a straight forward swop an not a match up or adapt to fit.  Also able to get a part for B&D sander ..   :) ...

Thank you everyone for help and advice, the forum at it's best.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version