General Category > General Discussion

Then it Stopped

<< < (2/6) > >>

Richard Stapley:
David the Capacitor Rating is given on the Motor Plate if I read this correctly it will be rated at 15mf @ 450V.

I go to my local Motor Rewind Company and always take the Old Capacitor plus the Motor details and have always ended up with the correct replacement at a very reasonable price.

Richard

woodndesign:

Hi Richard,

Should I find a company local that was my thoughts, I note as you've pointed out 450v .. my understanding has been this to be a single phase saw, I bought it as such .. a look undered the cover will confirm delta or star connections .. it's lasted since 1999 on single phase as it has no converter ..

The plot thickens .. 

Cheers   David

Richard Stapley:
David the 450V is the maximum it can be used to, as Capacitors of this type are for Single Phase I would not get to concerned about this as the Motor plate confirms the Voltage.

Richard

woodndesign:

Thanks on that, Richard, will start investigating, not the best thing when a manufacture has been taken over if it goes that way.

David

julcle:
Hi David  --  Picture 2 shows that it's 16uF @ 450v you should be able to get one of these off the shelf from a washing machine repair shop. Try to match up the connectors if you can otherwise you will be getting the soldering iron out and putting the old tails onto the new capacitor. This happened to me just before christmas on my Tormek, still for me the machine is 15 odd years old so not a big concern. Best of luck with the repair and as always if you're not sure about electricity leave it to someone that is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version