General Category > General Discussion

Craft work is NOT creative. may become official

<< < (4/7) > >>

arcos:
They are all nuts...  ???

Signed!

Bryan Milham:
Guy's to help spread this I've posted it to the local FB craft sites - you might want to think the same way, and to any other similar sites you use.

Ohh, you've already done it - I'll shut up then!

YewTube:
Whenever I see someone urging me to sign a petition I feel I should know something about it.

So the Government are going to designate 'Craft work' as not being creative. Those right wing Etonian tory toffs are up to something. They are going to make you work in your own shed studio at the bottom of the garden and make a pittance if you are not part of the 'Creative' community. No, it can't be that as that is what you do now.

I have not got any more conspiracy theories at the moment so when all else fails I'll go and read the government documents.

What I find is that the government produce statistics and there is a category for the Creative Industries in which is the Craft Industry and it is being dropped because, I quote

"The creative industries estimates also say that the majority of businesses in this sector are thought to be too small to be picked up in business surveys."

Which basically says, "It is too small to be bothered with."

The petition quotes a £30bn contribution to the economy from 88,000 people. That is a turnover of £34,000 per person. Take material, rent, rates and utilities out of that and you probably qualify for Working Tax Credits.

I've finally got it!

Future legislation - if Craft Work is not a Creative Industry you won't be eligible for Working Tax Credit.

Those Tory b*&$@£ds.

Bill

Andy Coates:
It also means that "craft workers" will be ineligible for certain GovT department grants because they are not creative.

woodndesign:

It could imply, if they go after getting people back to work via Business start-ups, as has been done before and so many have applied as what is usually Home (cottage) craft work .. this would count such out, I saw crafts were the most for Business Start-ups when done in the 90's .. £10 extra on your dole money be attending and drawing up a Business Plan for something you may never start.

Could it be a discrete survey, a check, given it takes your details, why has X or Z got upset to sign ..  no record as a craftsperson .. what do they do on the side .. knock .. knock .. Your shed at the bottom of the garden .. bin full of shaving .. sir .. lot less hassle than hunting to catching people at Craft Fairs, The Boot or Ebay .. there's somewhere that is taking or will take an account of all your sales/transactions and will it ever be as claimed for your advantage.

Big Brother can see you and me ...  ;D ..

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version