General Category > General Discussion

is your workshop ever big enough?

<< < (2/5) > >>

woody:
Over the last 2 years I have had to downsize my workshop three times the thing I learnt was we dont need half of the stuff we keep I am down to a 10ft x 8ft workshop and starting from scratch two years ago I had a 26ft x 26ft workshop

Bryan Milham:
Before we moved a year last May, I had an oversized double garage. Woodwork area, Turning area (wife's area?) and an MGB GT.

Had to sell the MG, it's either woodwork or turning, no room for both and SWMBO has a shed - all I have now is a small single garage (and woodstore), but I get by.

Doug Barratt:
It`s only a matter of utilizing the space you have to its best potential.

When I first got married my workshop was the cubby hole under the stairs, with its very narrow bench there was barely room for 2 people to stand side by side but I still managed to make a fire surround & window in there, though I will admit glue up was done in the dinning room.

Cheers.

Doug.

woodndesign:

In short, no...  I've had 3 single garages as workshop in the past and a cellar, finally now a 12x10 shed ...  1st was fine, just lathe on bench and stand with grinder... 2nd was between moves and shared with what wouldn't go in the house, still got some turning done..
3rd .. now the bandsaw, vac, pillar drill and the things which I'd had had at my Dads' .. the most time I turned .. The cellar ... large space shared with overflow of what couldn't go anywhere else ..  back to room for just lathe and grinder only and time, the monthly piece for C.A.W Club night..  Too where I'm at now ...  workshop space only.. ya .. then why 5 bicycles and the suitcase that won't go through the hatch .. and..

Cheers  David

burywoodturners:
 Could try the BBC and ask for a redundant Tardis!
Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version