General Category > General Discussion

Dry transfer lettering

<< < (2/2)

Bryan Milham:
I did exactly the same as Julcle some years ago. Even to the point of the top lettering being set on a curve. It's their bread and butter work and not terribly expensive.

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Thanks guys I will look it up.
regards
John BHT

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
So I have decided how to do it but cannot complete my quote until I get all of the names(they go back apparently to 1921)I will not give a price because if all the names are double barreled I will have cooked my goose!
I am  going to make a stencil out of frisket and and use spray on gold paint. The reasons are this:-
1. Using vinyl the little b******s darlings may be tempted to try peeling it off.
2.Using Letraset or similar will result in letters purchased but not used(wasted).
3. Readily available stencils will give me fixed sized lettering, I may need to alter this to fit it on the board.
4. There is always the chance that if it looks alright I will be asked each year to add the new name/s and frisket would be the easiest way to do this, and now I am thinking commercially. No job ever takes less than an hour so that is one hours worth of work that I do not have to find each year. Does that make sense?
So frisket it is.
Thanks for your help and advice.
Regards
John BHT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version