General Category > General Discussion

Tell us of the Changes

<< < (3/3)

John D Smith:
Hi John (BHT)
                    Sounds like you think the same as me about TWITTER But everyone keeps telling us we must keep up with the Times  ::) after all
Round and Brown is no longer COOL 8) 8)    >:(

Regards John lol 

Paul Hannaby:
The facebook and twitter posts can be done by one of a number of people so no, neither of those impact on my workload. I think these two mediums offer different benefits from the forum and in today's world they have a part to play for those that use them.

We are always open to ideas for the website. It's here for the members to use so if you have any suggestions, let us know.

Mark Sanger:
Websites are always tweaked and Paul does a good job of juggling all he has to do.

In relation to twitter. I tend to use it more than the forums as I can not type as much as I normally do and I reach a far more diverse group of people such as galleries, makers in many other disciplines and countries. So it works for me.

I have slowly become less interested in woodturning forums, with no disrespect to the former, I can learn and develop from speaking to a wide diverse group of makers other than just woodies.

Don't use FB.

bodrighywood:
I use FaceBook as I find I reach a group of people who otherwise have little contact with wood or turning and so get feedback as well as some commissions outside the turning fraternity. The fora are great for technical critique and seeing where others are going but being able to communicate with non turners gives me an idea of what others think of my own ideas and also insight into what others are doing in their disciplines. Twitter I just can't get my head around. Have tried several times and not followed it up. Maybe I need to discipline myself there if galleries are using it. I haven't had a problem withe changes simply because I have the forum geared to automatically open on the forum not the main page and go back if I need to look at some other area of the site. Having done a little IT I appreciate the work and the never ending tweaking needed so have appreciation for what Paul and others do for the site.

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version