General Category > General Discussion

Pyrography....hot wire, or machined tip?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Andy Coates:
I'd echo Mark's comments...the Burnmaster is a top-end tool and well worth the money. I have one and use it in conjunction with this one made in the UK http://www.woodart-products.co.uk/4_gallery.php

Solid tip pens take a comparatively long time to re-heat, and are therefore slow to use. High current wire tips have almost no re-heat time so make the process quicker and less frustrating. You can also pyro=carve with these units. You can't do this effectively with the 40w Peter Child unit.

bodrighywood:
Not seen the Burn master. It is definitely a lot more versatile than the one I mentioned. 3x the cost though LOL. If you are going to do a lot of pyro work I can see it being a better choice. What exactly is pyro carving Andy? Not heard that phrase before either?

Pete

john taylor:
If you are going to do it seriously and given the criteria you list then the only one I know of which fits is the Burnmaster.   My wife has been using one for about 18 months and never had a problem with it.

As said it will take two hand pieces so you can have different tips in each.   It will take pens other than the Burnmaster ones and our one came with 2 different converters to take other makes of pen.

As mentioned above the soldering iron type arent worth bothering with unless you are going for a custom stamp like the ones Toolpost sell.   Link to PDF about them http://www.toolpost.co.uk/images/Branding.pdf

john

Mark Sanger:
I agree with the burn master comments. It is from what I have tried the best and the one in line for my next purchase. Currently I have the Peter Childs which is very good but the Burn Master is another level.

Andy Coates:
The woodart machine is actually my favourite. John Woods can make you adapters to take almost any handset. And as it's a British made machine keeps it local!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version