Author Topic: The beginning  (Read 1743 times)

Offline georg

• TONY & DI
  • platinum
    • Anthony George
The beginning
« on: November 03, 2013, 07:31:26 PM »
Hi all, this is where the previously posted work all started.

A big thankyou to everyone who has visited and commentede on our work, I must admit to finding the response quite overwhelming.

Tony has enjoyed all the challenges I have chucked at him, even if I do get "what now woman?" and without Tony's turning skills I would not have the perfect canvas.

Thankyou very much!

Front view of the "Bronze age" as requestede by David, all measurements are approximate as the piece at the moment is at the museum in Worcester.

Base 11" inches H/F 7 1/2 x 2"

The base is oak bark sat on a bed of resine, lightly touched with acrylic and acrylic spray.

The H/F is pierced, burnt, acrylic paint and sprayed with acrylic with a brass ring.

Other pieces Londinium is simular in size and finish with real Roman coins.

The other pieces are all similar in sizes. All other coins and artifacts, Frog & Gecko, are cast by Tony in pewter, aged and sprayed with acrylic.

Going to put my thinking cap on now

Many thanks to you all

Regards
Diane.
"If you always do what you always done, you always get what you always got" 

http://www.anthonygeorge.net/

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: The beginning
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 08:01:49 PM »

Hi Diane, Thank you for the follow up on the pieces, it adds insight to how between you the whole blank canvas of pieces come together with such stunning results.

Cheers  David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Re: The beginning
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 08:03:30 PM »
Hello Diane,
               I love the work you and Tony are now showing on the Forum I don't like any one of your Collaborative pieces in particular more than the others I just Love them all. A big thank you for sharing them with the members of the Forum. And I do promise you and Tony Maureen I will get over to see you soon and maybe I can handle one or two of these pieces if you have not sold them all.

Kind Regards John
John Smith