General Category > General Discussion

Risks ..

<< < (3/3)

woodndesign:

--- Quote from: dr4g0nfly on November 09, 2013, 07:27:57 PM ---Like Pete I keep my fire extinguisher and first aid kit by the door, not thought about a main power off switch (Pete, I like that and will retrofit sometime - good idea).

As for working alone, I've thought about a cheap set of walky talkies but am currently leaning towards a baby alarm, if I can get SWMBO to keep it near her. The trouble with that is I play my music quite loud so I can hear it over the extraction etc.

--- End quote ---

Should it be the whole mains power, you'd not want to be without light, I'd the thought just the ring main to equipment.

It needs to be cautionary of the type of extinguisher and what it can used on.  A bucket of sand could be beneficial, anything hot/burning better dropped there, than in shavings or long run outside.

Getting outside, most of our workshop are likely to be small, with one entrance, your's maybe a unit, small or large with a fire exit, you find your way round fine, how about just in the dark, what if it's smoke .. have you a clear passageway in the first place and able to locate that exit .... I had the task with one firm to paint a chevron directional crawl path to each exit and the need was to keep them clear .. not a real need for a small shop, but all the same how clear is your way out.

Baby alarm ... could listen to the neighbours ...  as for SWMBO listening for me .. I've to listen more to her....   ;D ..

Cheers  David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version