Author Topic: introducing myself  (Read 3455 times)

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
introducing myself
« on: December 30, 2013, 05:25:44 PM »
hi everyone,
               just thought i'd say hello.

i'm a new member but have been turning for 6-7 years now and consider myself semi professional.

my projects include skittles and balls for the west country, http://steveswoodenskittles.co.uk/ and turning bowls for the crown estate which are currently for sale in the savill garden shop.

I've plenty of different timbers like wenge, padauk, iroko, elm, sycamore and beech. if anyone is interested don't hesitate to get in touch as its much cheaper that going to a turners shop

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Re: introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:33:33 PM »
Hi again...Les here ( we were just discussing the new platter reversing device in another sub-group on this forum. I hadn't realised that you are such a new member, so welcome to the group. Your stock of timber sounds interesting, but I guess that it's the usual problem, in that postage/carriage is so prohibitive. Maybe I'll be passing one day!
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 05:37:46 PM »
i can do a good courier deal it just depends on amounts.

please help me add pictures i'm trying but its just not working. how do you do it???

Offline Bellringer75

• copper
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 05:52:51 PM »
Welcome i have spoken to you on Arbtalk before

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 05:56:51 PM »
thought that might be you.

you interested in any of these timeres i have?

they are unusual sizes, you wont find them in a turning shop...

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 06:47:15 PM »
Hi Steve...I'm certainly interested in timber....there are so few suppliers up here in north Wales. Do you have a stocklist, or do you work from customers' requests? I'm always looking for sycamore in 3x3 section for making trinket boxes, so lengths of 8" is usually fine. I'm also looking for something to turn some 6" diameter by 4" to 5" deep bowls.
Les

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 07:26:50 PM »
i don't have a stock list but just buy what i like and try to sell what i don't use, i just have lots of wenge at the mo as it was too cheap not to buy (isn't it always) but always have bits new in the workshop.

in the sycamore front i have 5" slabs that i can cut up for you if you wish and plenty of syc that i can turn in to 3x3 or 4x4 for boxes. lengths are currently 5-6'.

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 07:35:36 PM »
Posting photo....there is a tutorial in this forum, somewhere. Anyway, here's how I do it.

I use photobucket.com and upload my pics to it.
Next open the pic in photrobucket that you want to put on the forum, and you'll see a little box-menu beside the picture, entitled 'Links to share this photo. Click on the bottom item in the list  - IMG - this will put a copy of a link to the photo on your clipboard.
Start typing your message on the forum and when you get to the point in the message where you want to imbed your photo, just use Ctrl-V, and this will add the link into the message.
Give it a go....
Les