Author Topic: Lathe foot switch  (Read 10948 times)

Offline David Buskell

• gold
    • At The Cutting Edge
Re: Lathe foot switch
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 10:13:03 PM »
Kevin,

There's another source of info you should try. Roland and the team at Steinert do well with queries but there is a group of people with far more hands on knowledge of VBs and Hegners around.

Look at Yahoo Groups and check out the VB36 Owners Group. You should get a more detailed and specific reply from there plus someone may have a wiring diagram they can let you see.

Well worth a try, IMHO.

David
David
At The Cutting Edge

Kevin Hanley

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 04:06:30 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts, David.

I have had some useful input from Roland at Steinert, and the idea about the VB36 owners forum is a good one but, I think, now unnecessary.  I now have a comprehensive wiring diagram from a fellow Hegner owner and a foot switch is on order.  Hopefully it will all be up and running by the weekend.

Kevin

Kevin Hanley

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 11:07:35 AM »
After one false start - non latching foot switch ordered in error - its now all up and running.  IMO Precision Controls switch cost about £40 including delivery - but why, for the sake a 40p component don't they supply the cable entry gland with it?

Surprisingly easy to wire in once I had the wiring diagram; Hegner even had the wire I needed to join in to already broken and rejoined with a connector.

Total cost, including flex, less than £50 and it does what I want it to do.  I now have a foot switch that works as an alternative to the on/off toggle switch on the control box so don't have to reach over work, particularly when turning larger items. 

Total saving about £80; now what can I spend that on??

Many thanks to all those who freely gave their help and advice.

Kevin