Author Topic: Stock clearance!  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Stock clearance!
« on: February 20, 2014, 08:20:19 PM »
I've got a couple of handy little orders going out this weekend, one lot goes to a shop where they're displaying and selling for me, the other lot is being used by a local hotel to give its guests a taste of locally produced work via a display in its reception area - the best bit is that whatever sells at the hotel doesn't have any commission as my work is effectively decorating their reception area. Happy days!

Firstly, there's a selection of lidded boxes and pots for both ladies and gents...

...there are several bowls, including this rather fine piece of sycamore 12" diameter and 3" deep.

...but best of all is this beautiful piece of elm burr that I've turned into a platter.

The elm was a challenge....it was only 24mm thick to start, and quite distorted, so it was tricky to mount, to say the least. Its finished size is 350mm diam x 18mm thick.

All in all, there's about 2dozen pieces going out, which will leave me 'stockless' again. Ah well....back to the lathe!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:53:43 PM by gwyntog »
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline georg

• TONY & DI
  • platinum
    • Anthony George
Re: Stock clearance!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:07:41 PM »
      A very nice selection of boxes LES particularly like the Honey one and the black based one with what looks like
      a ripple lid (or is that the light)
      The sycamore bowl looks striking
      But the one that PIPS them all for us is the ELM very well presented.

Di and Tony
"If you always do what you always done, you always get what you always got" 

http://www.anthonygeorge.net/

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:33:22 PM »

Well Les, got to hand it to you, you're resourceful and on the quiet, quite enterprising too.

Ah ... did I mention, a nice little turn out of work there, got to say it's the ribbed box and the Elm platter, both should soon find a good home.

Now back to the Lathe... lets see some more great work.. before you are sold out ..  ;) ..

Cheers  Dewi
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 11:35:24 PM »
Well I think you need to get to your lathe double quick because these should be sold out in no time, and that Elm Burr is just to good for words

Ed

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 08:31:44 PM »
Les,

notwithstanding the fantastic piece of Elm I really like the lidded boxes. It's impressive that they are all so different but all so well balanced in their form.

Well done and I trust they sell well.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 09:01:34 PM »
Hi all...thanks for the comments, they're much appreciated and I'm glad to see that opinion leans towards the beaded, lidded pot and the elm platter....their price has gone up now that I know you all like them!

Di & Tony...yep, it's a ripple, but not big enough for anything other than a pot lid, so felt compelled to use it.

Bryan...i must admit that i'd missed the point about the variety and the form in the boxes, so thnks for the comment and for highlighting that.

Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline hughie

• gold
  • The Wooden Potter
    • http://www.facebook.com/TheWoodenPotter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »
The best of both worlds, well done