Author Topic: Right of Reply  (Read 1636 times)

PhilipS

Right of Reply
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:37:45 PM »
First of all this is a statement not a thread for discussion.

I had two life changing experiences last week, my brother died – too young and I had two very personal opinions expressed here. Combined they have served to confirm that most of what we do in life is a waste of time.

I would like to thank this Forum for the opportunity to express my views and opinions and the chance to show my work. I am aware that I am seen as divisive but I hope that most of what I write is evidence based and not just unsubstantiated opinion. I have never asked anyone to support my views or agree with me. Sometimes facing truth is painful.

I have worked, for several years now in almost complete isolation, suffered many personal insults but persisted with my views, my work and writing because I felt that healthy debate and evidence based criticism is helpful for the development of the craft and in making people think about or rethink their practice. As well as being a critic, I have tried to write helpful documents to encourage creative thinking and doing, this has now come to an end.

I have removed my thread here with links to my site. I have removed them elsewhere too.There are no publications anymore to link to and that’s permanent not just a fit of pique.

I have to thank Mark Sanger and George Foweraker for their honesty in expressing their views. I bow to their professional judgement, assessment and experience.
To describe me and my work as a poison was somewhat disappointing but to then have affirmation suggesting that I and my work are irrelevant has helped me to get things into context.

I wish Mark and George well with their development and feel sure they will be able to achieve their ambitions. They are indeed a formidable double act.

Philip Streeting

Offline TONY MALIN

• gold
  • Rugby Warwickshire
Re: Right of Reply
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 11:42:04 AM »
Not being able to review the subject matter you've withdrawn, were you really divisive or simply controversial ?
I'm all in favour of the latter as it stimulates debate.