General Category > General Discussion

Help Needed Urgently

<< < (3/3)

woodndesign:

Phew...  I'd been thinking..   ??? ..  new one for me maybe...  as to a new PW..  but if now the old one is still safe..   :) ...  leave off changing..

what I will do, as I'm using auto login and it's easy to get each time, is to logout at the end of each visit and not remain logged in for the day as I've done, this would give no bot/whatever chance or time to hack, not that one can get on now.

I know from the World of Woodturners forum, it can be by invitation or to apply to join them once you find the link, so to apply, if you have to for on here, if Genuine wouldn't or shouldn't be a problem, so please bear with the MOD's, (if needed) and still join and enjoy and share with us on the forum.

Thanks to all for your continual hard work with keeping the forum safe and enjoyable to be on.

David

Bryan Milham:
I logged in fine thanks - so no problem for me.

Dave Wilcox:
Spamming and hacking are again becoming a big problem again, there have been a lot of email accounts hacked especially on systems like hotmail etc. The advice above re passwords is ideal, numbers, letters, upper and lower case and any symbols. make strings longer. The problem then arises as commented on - remembering them, come of folks this is the 21st century. Go to http://www.codeaero.com/password-memory/ and dowload their free for personal use password database. It will even generate the passwords for you  ;D
Hope this helps.

John D Smith:
Hello Dave, If someone down loads that Password-memory database what is stopping that being hacked?.Regards John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version