Author Topic: Simon Hope demo  (Read 3393 times)

Offline colin barber

• iron
Simon Hope demo
« on: July 18, 2011, 08:32:20 PM »
Last week our club Waveney and District Woodturners, had Simon Hope down for an evening demo. Simon demonstrated how to turn a small box with the lid inlaid with pewter. The way he took you through each stage was clear to understand without making it boring,whilst ensuring we were made well aware of the dangers of using hot molten pewter. A first class demo in my opinion and worth every penny of his fee.

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Simon Hope demo
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 06:39:58 PM »

Hi Colin,  And welcome to the forum.  Nice to hear that Simon did a excellent demonstration, it has been a question which has come up on here as to casting pewter, having the chance to seeing it first hand, maybe we'll see a piece from you soon.

Thank you for posting, it's hoped a few Clubs may look to having Simon, if not already, it's I'd not miss.

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline John

• bronze
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 08:41:21 PM »
We have the pleasure of a Simon Hope Demo tomorrow at Chelmer Valley,
He came here a couple of years ago, He did pewter work then, He is a brilliant demonstrator
I cant wait till tomorrow, he is suppyling me with a new vacuum chuck. Guess what I will be doing on Thursday,
John
John English

theblindwoodturner

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 09:13:23 PM »
Hi John, great to hear about the vacuum chuck. May I ask a favour? would you be willing to submit a review of the chucking system when you have had a chance to put her through her paces? I'm interested in it myself as a major investment.

lew

Offline John

• bronze
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 10:30:45 PM »
Hi Lew,
Of course I will, give me a couple of weeks to get to know it.
John
John English