General Category > General Discussion

Workshop's going up at last

<< < (7/9) > >>

Philip Green:
Hot water is a must with a toilet so I would have it even if it were not demanded by building regs. I have installed an over sink instant hot water heater and there is no cold tap so in use, the knob is turned to the water temperature required.

Although it is rated at 3kW, it is only on for a few seconds at a time and will only consume that sort of power if used on full heat. This makes it very ecconomical to use, probably less than 1kW hour per month.

woodndesign:

Cheers Philip,  All mods/cons these days.. beats the times of having to break ice on the water butt..   ;D ...

Did you use metal ducting an boxes for the cable runs and how many points/lights have you been able to have ..  has it been costly ..  not that I need to be frightened, as I've still to wire mine ...   boss permitting ..   ??? ...

3 fine days you'll be up an running by the weekend, take care with the heavy lifting ...  need to see you turning an that's not in bed.

David

theblindwoodturner:
I'm officially jealous lol. water, own loo, heating, etc. sounds amazing.

a lottery win would be nice. then I could build my dream workshop.

lew

Katchin:
not necessarily, this was my big news after getting the 'News about your ticket!' email this morning:-

19/07/11
Congratulations! You're a winner
£2.70
EuroMillions ticket number 1335797675
This prize has already been paid to your National Lottery Account.

whooptedoo

theblindwoodturner:
you poor thing lol. better luck next time.

lew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version