Author Topic: AWGB Seminar  (Read 2084 times)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
AWGB Seminar
« on: August 03, 2015, 11:10:06 AM »
This week is dedicated to preparing for the seminar. Is it three peices we can put in the gallery? If so I have decided to put one 'ancient' one 'medieval' and one art deco, sort of historical thingamajig. One that doesn't have splits and holes LOL. The thought that both I and my work will be viewed by so many eminent turners and collectors is scary to say the least but what the heck.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
Re: AWGB Seminar
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 11:47:09 AM »
This week is dedicated to preparing for the seminar. Is it three peices we can put in the gallery? If so I have decided to put one 'ancient' one 'medieval' and one art deco, sort of historical thingamajig. One that doesn't have splits and holes LOL. The thought that both I and my work will be viewed by so many eminent turners and collectors is scary to say the least but what the heck.

Pete

Hi Pete

I believe it is 5 pieces but I guess you can put as many as you like. We are all under the spot light, just enjoy the journey as it is a wonderful experience to meet some many talented people, you being one of them. When it is in full flow just think about what is going on elsewhere in the Universe and go with the flow.  :) :)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 12:00:46 PM »
Thanks Mark. I'll be OK when the time comes but I have four days of 'What the heck do i think i am doing' ahead of meLOL. Rather be that way, keeps me on my toes. Really looking forward to it and seing as many demos as i can as well as the amazing work that will be on display. Also good to meet so many people who are just names at the moment. 
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline fuzzyturns

• platinum
    • Fuzzy Turns
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 12:06:36 PM »
Is there any consensus regarding newbies bringing work along? Should I be properly intimidated and just watch, or should I bring some of my pieces (and expect to get hammered)?

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 01:12:48 PM »
Is there any consensus regarding newbies bringing work along? Should I be properly intimidated and just watch, or should I bring some of my pieces (and expect to get hammered)?
Fuzzy you should bring some of your work along. The beauty of this seminar is nobody is being judged (well apart from Pete teehehe)there will be work submitted from those at all points along their woodturning path. I guarantee that some of the work from some of the "names" in woodturning will leave you in awe but also some will dissapoint you. Some of the work produced by hobby turners will be incredible but on the other hand odd bits will not float your boat.

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 02:20:34 PM »
Delegates can bring up to three exhibits, presenters can bring up to six.

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 03:32:13 PM »
Delegates can bring up to three exhibits, presenters can bring up to six.

Thanks Paul for clarifying.