General Category > AWGB News & Announcements

Seminar questionnaire

<< < (4/13) > >>

Dave Atkinson:
I don't agree. The questions are designed to have simple Y/N answers in the main to questions we'd like to hear about.  There is a comments space if you want to say anything else.

The name and address field are optional.

The questionnaire is actually designed to be filled in by individuals on paper as we know many of our members don't use the internet.  What we have done is to put the whole questionnaire online and I have had a number of replies already, so there may be the odd redundant question.  But I don't see that as a big issue.  I don't want to have to consolidate a number of different questionnaires.

Over 2 or 3 days.  Important to us.  we don't have the resources to organise a longer one and it's not hard 2 days or 3 days.  We had daily options this year (and I know we've had that discussion on the other thread) and many people did just attend for a day.

Can't see what's difficult in suggesting which month you prefer.  We won't please everyone that's for sure.  

The figure is important.  We know that it costs around this much to put an event of this size on.  For example I have had some replies to my request for quotation from venues and the demonstration space costs over £3k for the weekend.  Expenses for demonstrators from the states start at over £1000 for air fare.  Many people have said they only want to pay less which is an option.

We can roll this around for ever before we please everyone.  I have no intention of changing it.  Those that have answered it so far (many at clubs already on paper)  and many online seem to have found it easy enough.

Cheers Dave

PaulH:

--- Quote from: Dave Atkinson on November 08, 2015, 11:19:52 AM ---I don't agree..... I have no intention of changing it.
--- End quote ---
No great surprise there.

--- Quote ---Can't see what's difficult in suggesting which month you prefer.
--- End quote ---
 It's not about the difficulty in answering. My point was that it won't get you the information that would be useful.

The whole thing is a great example of confirmation bias, as you only want the answers you think you know already.

Paul Hannaby:
Paul,
I disagree with all your points, with the exception of the question about internet use but Dave has already explained why that was there. When I created the web form, I did consider leaving that question out but I decided to leave it in for completeness.

For someone who has never been a member and has never supported anything we have done, you seem to have a lot to say! :-)

John D Smith:

Here we go again all PaulH seems to do is CRITICISE every thing that anyone does or says on behalf of the AWGB as I have asked before why

don't  you join the AWGB ? I again invite you to Join  ???

I find as I have said on a previous thread your remarks are not very helpful I would like to say more out of my frustration but I would probably be 

banned from the Forum >:( >:(
                                                  John

PaulH:

--- Quote from: John D Smith on November 08, 2015, 01:24:01 PM --- Here we go again all PaulH seems to do is CRITICISE every thing that anyone does or says on behalf of the AWGB
--- End quote ---
Do you understand the concept of constructive criticism ? It's about pointing out failings and suggesting how they might be improved. Many businesses and other charities pay huge amounts for that service from consultants.

Did you read the OP about the seminar ?
--- Quote ---.....If you have any suggestions about how we could improve the Seminar experience......
--- End quote ---
I did that. Some people didn't want to read of any failings, but if they don't want to make a 'significant loss' again for their members it's important that they address any issues brought to their attention.

Go back and re-read what I've actually posted, not what your prejudice thinks it might mean.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version