Author Topic: Spider Teapot  (Read 2386 times)

Mike Gibson

Spider Teapot
« on: January 10, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »
Teapot made from Pear, pens and paints were used to add the spider. There is a web on the other side. This teapot is on tour in England in a traveling exhibition.

Offline Graham

• platinum
  • Chairman. www.DidcotTurners.club
Re: Spider Teapot
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 04:13:50 PM »
Stunning. When I first saw it I didn't realise the spider was painted on. It is amazing what a bit of shadow can do.
Regards
Graham
I have learnt the first rule of woodturning.
The internal diameter should never exceed the external width.
Nor the internal depth, the external height.
Does that make me an expert now ?

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 08:04:15 PM »
Another great pot and the shadow certainly helps give the illusion of depth

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 08:05:47 PM »
Mike,

The artwork is so realistic I just can't see my good lady wanting to pick that up and pour me a cup of tea from it!

No one else has asked, what travelling exhibition, not something I've heard of or seen advertised.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 07:44:50 AM »
Hi Mike

Liked it on FB the spider looks so realistic of course the teapot is to your normal high standards.

All the best

Ed

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 07:59:42 PM »
No one else has asked, what travelling exhibition, not something I've heard of or seen advertised.

This is the exhibition of the top 50 pieces from the instant gallery from the 2015 AWGB Seminar.  You can see the exhibition at major shows across the UK.  Not sure when the next one will be where we will have a stand.  It'll definitely be at Wizardry in Wood later this year (unless someone buys it!)

Cheers Dave

Mike Gibson

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 02:49:21 PM »

This is the exhibition of the top 50 pieces from the instant gallery from the 2015 AWGB Seminar.  You can see the exhibition at major shows across the UK.  Not sure when the next one will be where we will have a stand.  It'll definitely be at Wizardry in Wood later this year (unless someone buys it!)

Cheers Dave
Thanks Dave, if it sells does it not stay with the exhibition until its its run its course?
Thanks everyone for your comments.