Author Topic: I've had an idea!  (Read 8064 times)

andersonec

Re: I've had an idea!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 11:04:51 AM »

Some of the things I am taking into consideration are weight, obviously and ease of use when putting it in or out of the car.

You have probably thought of this already but have you looked into the mechanism that allows a stretcher, complete with patient, to be pushed into an ambulance without holding any weight ?

Graham,,,I don't think he means to carry on demonstrating that long, dedication to duty is one thing but being wheeled in on a stretcher??? :o

Andy

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 04:51:23 PM »

Some of the things I am taking into consideration are weight, obviously and ease of use when putting it in or out of the car.

You have probably thought of this already but have you looked into the mechanism that allows a stretcher, complete with patient, to be pushed into an ambulance without holding any weight ?

Graham,,,I don't think he means to carry on demonstrating that long, dedication to duty is one thing but being wheeled in on a stretcher??? :o

Andy
Well you never know, the way my pension is decreasing at the moment I just might be travelling aroung the clubs by ambulance!!............can you turn laying down? ;D ;D ;D

Offline Doug Barratt

• bronze
  • Living the dream
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 07:06:55 PM »
Doug thankyou for the very kind offer but I will not take you up on as I am still undecided as yet.

If you should change your mind John the offer is an open one, the stand has been in the shed 3 or 4 years unused & the good lady wife would like to see rid of it. It does have wheels so can be moved quite easily.

Offline john taylor

• bronze
    • John Taylor Woodturner
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 05:54:43 PM »
I know this discussion was a couple of years ago and you have probably built your stand by now, but I was down at Axminster the other week and they now have the mitre saw stand I was looking for a few years ago at a very good price for that type of thing and would be ideal as a portable lathe stand, and it is height adjustable.   http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-trade-site-mitre-saw-stand-101695

john

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 08:49:13 AM »
Thanks for posting this John. An old thread revisited but interesting to see how things developed. I never made the cabinet but obtained a small trolly that the lathe fits nicely onto, I think it came from Lidl or similar. But the dynamics changed the minute I got a new car. No longer have the Zafira which was absolutely ideal for carting demonstrating kit (including tentage on odd occasions )all around the country. It had a level interior but the new motor doesn't and has a lump to get over so the original problem became amplified. I was (and still am to a certain extent)a bit OCD about using my own kit for demonstrations especially after investing hard earned money in it. But as time goes on I am happy to use a clubs lathe to save me having to do the lifting. ;D ;D ;D