Author Topic: If Carling made Demonstrators......  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Graham

• platinum
  • Chairman. www.DidcotTurners.club
If Carling made Demonstrators......
« on: March 24, 2016, 08:41:05 AM »
Didcot Woodturners were treated to a demo by John Aitken ( BHT on here ) last night. I have seen a few different demonstrators now and I have to say that in my ( not so humble ) opinion this was a real treat.Our club has many beginner and intermediate  turners and this was balanced just right. But more than that.... John explained everything he was doing in great detail without talking down to the audience and there were one or two tips there that were worth the price of admission alone.

John was good fun and I enjoyed it immensly. 
Regards
Graham
I have learnt the first rule of woodturning.
The internal diameter should never exceed the external width.
Nor the internal depth, the external height.
Does that make me an expert now ?

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Re: If Carling made Demonstrators......
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 09:31:47 AM »
Graham it was very nice to meet you (and Dave) and all the other members at Didcot. Also there was the Editor of Revs Shiela and her OH. It was a nice evening with an interested audience and some good questions too. My demos have never been compared to beer before but why not, I'll just have the half then. ;D
Thanks Graham.

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
Re: If Carling made Demonstrators......
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 09:32:30 AM »
John obviously aimed his demo at the Novices and intermediate members of the audience which in my opinion is correct.
If the demo is aimed at the accomplished turners it becomes a masterclass and most of it would go over the heads of a mixed ability audience.
Well done John keep up the good work

Regards George
The man that never made a mistake never made anything