Author Topic: Before and after  (Read 1823 times)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Before and after
« on: February 10, 2017, 03:31:07 PM »
Just thought it would be interesting to see the difference. Thank you Brian for the chance to play. Doesn't show so well in the light but when dark the inmside has a red glow and it is safe. Added the third image to show how it is all held up.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline andy44

• Andy
  • gold
Re: Before and after
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 05:42:57 PM »
 it looked good before it was mounted on the stand, it looks amazing now with the stand and the tea light
love it,
cheers
Andy
regards
Andy

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 04:27:45 PM »
Looks great Pete

I do enjoy seeing your pieces as they are so far, and yet closely connected to my own work. Working with the woods you choose and the complexity is not easy thing to do and I do enjoy the raw organic honesty of your work. 

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 05:54:22 PM »
Thank you Andy and Mark. To earn a living I have to make what people want, not always exactly inspirational LOL. Pieces like this are a challenge and I do try and be different. The attract a lot of attention at the shows I do and usually sell evenually. Half the attraction for me is also the fact that with timber like this you can never be sure that you will get anything from it.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline ChrisF

• gold
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 06:35:23 PM »
Love it.  Tempted to send you a sow's ear and see how good a silk purse you can make from it  ;D

I've got a lump of gnarly pear that might challenge you if you ever pass through Staffordshire....

Offline HillClimb

• copper
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 11:59:14 PM »
With a blank like that then the options of what the wood will allow are limited and you've made a beauty here - well done
"Art begins when an observer's sensibilities engage with the understatements of a calculating craftsman" - Sara Genn