Author Topic: Re-photo'd laburnum  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Re: Re-photo'd laburnum
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »
Looking good, Pete...reminds me of a rustic brandy glass.
Les

One of those big glass ones with a ceramic cat climbing out!
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 08:49:23 PM »
Well Pete I was wounding how this was going to turn out and the result is great :)

All the best

Ed

Offline farmerphil

• bronze
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 10:01:52 AM »
Pete,

I really really like the Woodturning and the warm light from the t light helps highlight the many natural features or the laburnum piece and as you say this is the first idea for presenting it and things may change many times.

So my personal opinion, is that this quality turning is more deserving of a light source and plinth that enhances the work rather than 'neutral '.  For instance maybe a small Edison type bulb(although this has the issues of health and safety) could enhance and improve the usefulness as well as the attraction of the piece.

Also though there is nothing wrong with the  sapele stand it doesn't help set it off. Not sure if that is the colour of the wood or the shape but other possibilities could be other media such as a slate or a cast concrete plinth.

It is interesting that pieces such as this sell well in your experience and doesn't surprise me as I would think some people would pay a decent wad do money to enjoy this work

Hope this piece finds  a deserving owner

Regards, Phil