Author Topic: many thanks for getting me back in to turning you guys  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Walnut Les

• bronze
many thanks for getting me back in to turning you guys
« on: March 30, 2017, 09:01:54 PM »
I have been away from the lathe for some time now but after looking at the many great things that you guys have been turning I have decided to get back in to the workshop and have some fun.
I'm sorry about the picture quality as they were taken with my phone and they are the only pictures that I have of the hollow form as it was taken from me before I had even finished oiling it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:09:12 PM by Walnut Les »

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Re: many thanks for getting me back in to turning you guys
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 09:20:59 PM »
Hi Les, I cannot see why no-one has commented yet, I looked last evening but did not have time to do more.

That is quite an amazing egg you have their, not quite as big as an ostrich, probably about the size of an emu. You need to get together with Les (gwyntog) - see his post '... and on a lighter note!', I think he could do you a nice range in eggcups.

But more seriously, the curve running through it is great, long and sweeping delivery an excellent (eggcellent!) shape, not quite sure how you might have held it to finish the bottom. Has the growth wood (lighter side) given an issues as it dries?
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 11:09:42 PM »
Now that's one great looking hollow form Les  :)

All the best

Ed

Offline Walnut Les

• bronze
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:39:15 AM »
Thank you for your kind words Bryan and Ed
I made a glue chuck to turn the bottom of the egg and the growth wood did have a little crack that when oiled would have looked lovely.
Les