General Category > General Discussion

Help for a new boy !

<< < (3/3)

woodndesign:
Just to give you an idea ...  http://www.awgb.co.uk/awgbforum/index.php?topic=173.0 ...  Cheers.

BOB A JOB:
Morning all,
Well, I have finally managed to 'dig' the lathes out of the corner of the garage where the have been lurking for the past few years, B heavy things these Graduates aren't they ! It was quite a job what with No1 son's BIG motorbike with a flat tyre that had to be moved first and, No2 son's fishing tackle in the way. ( They both left home several years ago but, they still use the free storage facilities !)
I'm waiting for a quote from Wadkin who apparently carry out the modifications/refurbishments and LRE sell the lathes. I have tried LRE direct but they don't answer the phone and they do not respond to messages left for them/him ?

I will turn some wood one day - I hope !  :-\

Regards to all,

Bob.

woodndesign:
Bob, Are they both non-starters at the moment or could you out of the 2 get one up an running ..  basically are they the same models, that this could be done, as well with them do you have drives, faceplates and chuck/s, if not it maybe sell as is and buy big an new, but you sound to have gone for keeping and re-build, just one or both, that's cheaper in the long run to start, an a better value re-sell, if you took to replace or finish at some later date ...  which when one's hooked you'll never do ..  wood in the blood ...   ;D ..

Have read that LRE is the better system and re-placement direct fit parts, so only hope for whatever the reason you get a reply soon ..  Hmm ...  need extra cash ..  would someone's miss a bike en fishing gear, after all you need the room ..  2 lathes ..   ;) ...

Hoping for a speedy result and too soon be making shaving.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version