Author Topic: Axminster M300 lathe  (Read 2227 times)

Offline burywoodturners

• gold
Axminster M300 lathe
« on: March 24, 2018, 07:27:16 PM »
I have recently bought an Axminster lathe, I think it is the M300, it has manual speedchange, 1"*8tpi spindle thread.
The one thing that was missing is the "C" spanner which olds the shaft whilst i sturuggle to get the faceplate/chuck off I dnt want to damage the indexer by using that, so has anyone got a spare?
A reasonable sum of money is availble for purchasing the spanner.
Ron

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
Re: Axminster M300 lathe
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 07:29:40 PM »
I expect Axminster will have one certainly worth giving them a ring

Regards George
The man that never made a mistake never made anything

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 09:04:40 AM »
Ron the image you have posted is the same as my 33o. The hole in the spindle, which I think you refer to as the indexer is actually for holding the shaft still.

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 10:35:11 AM »
Sometimes they are not c spanners but just a straight piece of rod as long as it is a good fit but can be inserted and removed with ease then that should be OK do not use something that is a loose fit as you can easily damage the hole

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 04:17:50 PM »
Taking Georges suggestion on set further, call Axminster and ask them for a copy of the M300 Instruction Manual. All their manuals are / were available as downloads from the site.

The M300 is no longer listed but I'd bet that somewhere they still have the file saved away safely.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline burywoodturners

• gold
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 05:48:41 PM »
Thanks every one for the replies. I am aware that the spanner is not the indexer, this is the cast aluminium pulley wheel with the hoes  for the inexr. I will contact Axminster, they do not have the manual for this lathe on their website, so they may be able to help.
Thanks again for the help,
Ron