Author Topic: Breaking my heart  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Derek

• platinum
Breaking my heart
« on: January 29, 2019, 09:54:11 PM »
Two sheds full of blanks and still can't find one of the right type of wood or correct sizes that I want. There must be over 200 blanks either bowl or spindle this is going to break my heart as I just may have to go and buy some unless I can get some sycamore.
Do any of you have the same problem

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
Re: Breaking my heart
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 04:55:26 AM »
Always, I love wood, hate buying it
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline windfall

• copper
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 06:45:26 AM »
Two sheds full of blanks and still can't find one of the right type of wood or correct sizes that I want. There must be over 200 blanks either bowl or spindle this is going to break my heart as I just may have to go and buy some unless I can get some sycamore.

Derek where do you live ? I'm near Blackpool I have that full trunk its about 2" thick if u live near come an help me chop it and take what you need. If thats any help.

bodrighywood : If you are new to woodturning you will quickly realise that if you ask 10 woodturners a question you will get a minimum of 11 answers

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 05:00:02 PM »

Derek where do you live ? I'm near Blackpool I have that full trunk its about 2" thick if u live near come an help me chop it and take what you need. If thats any help.

Thank you for the offer but I live in Kent. I will be phoning my woodman that gives me wood to see if by chance he has some