Author Topic: KOKU2012  (Read 1991 times)

Jo Winter2

KOKU2012
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:25:53 AM »
Hi all,
had a fantastic exhibition with over 300 other artists in the region "Rheinhessen".
Myself I showed my works together with a great paintress in the village "Schwabenheim"
at the council chamber. I think the expositions with other artists are very helpful for our
craft and give ous the possibility to have a look over our "dish" and "bowl"-borders.

Jo

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: KOKU2012
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »

Jo,  what a wonderful display and it is ideal to show and highlight wood as a form and art amongst other forms of art,
there is so often that large shows for woodwork and or woodturning are held, which mainly we ourselves attend and few outsiders or general public otherwise, who buy art in general go too, wood art is getting more an more  into gallery today and some peices sell well, but others can at most fall behind other Art forms, it is to highlight woodturning and it form, which you had done.

So glad you had a good event.

Cheers          David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 03:36:40 PM »
Jo, always interesting to see how things are done in other countries and interesting to see one of your Jolani's in proportion with other exhibits.

Thanks,
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Jo Winter2

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 08:04:55 AM »
Hi all,
thanks for your remarks. In the past it was not so easy to present ma works alone in art exhibition. The reason was the people doesn't know our work as art. But now with other arts the people discovers woodturning as a new way of art. They find out the abstract way of woodturning gives more ideas for interpretations as other sculptures. So my next exposition is also with a paintress. And I'm looking for many adequate points of contact in our objects. I think it is a improvement for both sides.