General Category > General Discussion

Milling Blanks

(1/2) > >>

Lazurus:
Been milling some nice Spalted Ash, managed to get five 14" x 4" blanks, waxed and stored.

Mike313:
Nice. Out of curiosity, may I ask, what saw and mill did you use? I can see them in the photo but can't see the brand name or model.

Lazurus:
https://arbtalk.co.uk/forums/topic/98219-chilling-chinese-milling/?tab=comments#comment-1466130

Well believe it or not it is a cheap Chinese copy mill and a Timberpro 62cc saw, albeit with a decent chain and bar. I got change from £150 for the whole set up new. The above link gives more info. It has been a great investment, no troubles, great results and very satisfying when you open up a log and see what grain is hiding inside. Mind I wouldn't want to use it to earn a living, it is just hobby use, although I have done some milling for friends when asked. To buy the same size in Alaskan mill and stihl saw would have been around £500 and would have produced no better results.

Mike313:
Thanks. It will soon pay for itself if you can save on buying blanks  :)

Tim Pettigrew:
I have been using one of these mills made in Scotland and for sale on Ebay.  CLICK HERE for details.   Cost is 82.98 GBP (including UK delivery).  It's a good piece of kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version