General Category > General Discussion

Bowl lathe

<< < (2/4) > >>

Maca:
Thanks for the replies everyone.  Paul Hannaby contacted me about a suitable lathe he knows about Viceroy Bowl lathe.  So I'm just in conversation with him right now and I'm looking into transport and getting my existing lathe up for sale.  Will get photos of it up here soon.

Lazurus:
A good choice ;D

BrianH:
Swimming against the stream I would council a very serious rethink. After only 6 months experience I would suggest restricting your future enjoyment by limiting yourself to turning more of what you're doing at the moment has a high risk of short-sightedness. Go for a bigger all-purpose lathe and keep your future options open would be my advice.
All the best with whatever you decide
Brian

Lazurus:
Get one of these ;D ;D ;D

Maca:
I would get one of those if they started giving them away!  Problem I have is I only have a small shed where I also make bandsaw boxes and wooden wands.  So the lathe footprint is important.  I understand the argument about not limiting myself to bowls but I really can't see myself doing long stuff. 

Also just found out today my current chuck won't fit on the Viceroy lathe so I'll be selling the chuck with the lathe and buying a new chuck which is more expense.  If I had the space and money I would keep my current lathe and buy the Viceroy as well but we can't have everything can we.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version