General Category > General Discussion

Food Allergy Walnut Oil

<< < (3/4) > >>

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Ah you see there Pete you are now encouraging customers to drink water and alcohol and there is a danger that they will mix the two together!! ;D ;D ;D

bodrighywood:

--- Quote from: The Bowler Hatted Turner on May 28, 2019, 07:57:27 PM ---Ah you see there Pete you are now encouraging customers to drink water and alcohol and there is a danger that they will mix the two together!! ;D ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

As long as they don't adulterate scotch they can do what they like LOL.
Personally I don't see the attraction in drinking water, diluted with other substances or neat but hey, each to his own.

Pete

Paul Hannaby:
I recall reading somewhere that the nut allergies are caused by the proteins in the nut. If the oil is correctly treated and filtered, the proteins are removed. Perhaps if you use nut oils it would be worth researching which ones are best suited for use as a finish.

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Over 35 years ago I made a chopping boardfrom pine.I never treated it with anything but wash it up in hot water after each use. It never needed a treatment, this is something that could be considered.

bodrighywood:

--- Quote from: The Bowler Hatted Turner on May 30, 2019, 08:57:32 AM ---Over 35 years ago I made a chopping boardfrom pine.I never treated it with anything but wash it up in hot water after each use. It never needed a treatment, this is something that could be considered.

--- End quote ---

You're right John. Thinking about it we have wooden spoons, chopping boards and a coupke of wood handled knives that never see oil unless it gets spilt on them. Scrubbed with hot water when necessary and apart from a very artistic shaped wooden spoon that somehow went into the dishwasher they are all fine.

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version