General Category > General Discussion

Buffing system

<< < (4/5) > >>

Sandy:
Hi Michael,

The speed that Beall advises (1725 rpm) is certainly greater than you and some of the guys above are suggesting.  Are you using Beall or Chestnut mops or some other suppliers?

Thanks

otterbank:
Hi Sandy
It’s the Beall system. Been using it for years. Having said that I’ve never tried any of the others. Lately I have been considering buying off the shelf mops but not so keen to do that without seeing them first. Might just take a chance off EBay though.
Cheers
Michael

bodrighywood:
Off the shelf ones are usually sewn and very stiff and also go onto a cone shaped screw thread so a different shaft would be needed.

Pete

otterbank:
Hi Pete,
 I found unstitched ones and the mounting bolt will fit through the middle. Just not sure how sturdy they are. Would like to get a hold of one first. Not that expensive so might just give it a go.
Cheers
Michael

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
I buy my mops from the motorbike shop locally. Apparently bikers like to buff their chrome  ::) ::) ::)
I have never had the problems mentioned here. I also clean my mops occasionally with 40 or 60 grit sandpaper of a clean wire brush. Works for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version