General Category > General Discussion

how far do you grind your tools down???

<< < (5/5)

The Bowler Hatted Turner:

--- Quote from: burywoodturners on July 08, 2019, 05:15:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: bodrighywood on July 08, 2019, 09:35:06 AM ---Short tool I can cope with it's short handles I find a problem. That's why when OI have to buy a new tool I try and get it unhandles. Certain makers are really bad for this.

Pete

--- End quote ---
Seems to be the answer to that problem, make your own! How many of us just get used to our tools and find it slightly awkward to use any other?
Ron

--- End quote ---
Many years ago when I worked on the bench we played a game lunchtime, the conversation was similar to this thread(it was a face to face conversation in those days, social media had not been invented)we talked about being able to recognise your own tools just by the feel of them, so lunchtime we duly laid in a line hammers from about 20 different joiners and then blindfold you had to pick out your own one. The older more experienced ones picked them out first time every time which reinforces what you have just said Ron, you do get used to you own kit. I have for the first time in years changed a wheel on one of my grinders, the angle that I grind at now has changed very slightly because of this,also just after changing the grind I had my first serious catch for many years so I am sure there is something in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version