General Category > General Discussion

Work Experience & DoE Award

<< < (2/2)

Derek:
Not really much to say that has not been said already.

Well done to you for taking the time to teach and him for listening and doing a great job as this is the first time turning

Schurchy:
Hi

As someone who volunteers at a local secondary school helping them with their DofE scheme, I applaud the help you have provided your student. I spend around 600 hours a year helping where I can, predominantly with their Expeditions, Map reading and First Aid. Last year the long time DofE coordinator at the school retired and on doing so was lucky enough to have been nominated and received an MBE for her commitment. To mark the occasion I turned this scorched rim Ash Platter and then for my first attempt at pyrography, I added the DofE logo in the middle. It went down well with the recipient ..... even though it wasn't quite to the level of receiving her MBE a few months later.

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Nicely done Schurchy, I too used to do the D of E expedition training, I enjoyed it immensly, many many weekends spent on Dartmoor and Exmoor or climbing in N Wales. My body won't let me do those things now so I have to put up with woodturning all the time ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version