General Category > General Discussion

Gallery Stat's

<< < (3/6) > >>

bodrighywood:
Whilst I mostly agree with you John if I do post a piece I usually add 'C&C welcome' but as few if any respond I don't bother too much any more. I tend to be more concerned what non turners think of my work as they are the ones who buy it so for me social media is a better place to get critique and comments,

Pete

Bryan Milham:
George,

I'm sort of with you. I often look and don't immediately comment, I might look a couple of times over a day or so, just to be sure I've seen whatever it is correctly and I'm not just making a comment for the sake of it.

I also make sure that where something has not been commented on, even some days (or a week+ if I've been away) later gets a comment from me.

John D Smith:

Hi George,
                I can understand your frustrations about the number of views on Gallery postings but very little comments I am sure this is the same on most Forums some just look but don't like to comment for whatever reason it is the same as people who post on the Forum just to sell Items then never post again but then looking on the positive side of this it may do members some good if they can buy tools at bargain prices. Nothing in this world is perfect but please members don't stop posting.
                      Regards John

Les Symonds:

--- Quote from: GBF on July 17, 2019, 03:07:56 PM ---I think you misunderstand Les it is not about my posts that was just an example.

Regards George

--- End quote ---
...Hi George...i appreciated that....I was just quoting your recent post as an example. I think that the use of social media is now so widespread that it's going to make many forums somewhat less popular than they used to be. Woodturners Unlimited is a recent example of just how a woodturning forum was struggling with exactly the type of problem that you were highlighting, and which has now even gone to the extreme of closing its web-site and forum, and relying purely on a Facebook page.

Les

Derek:
I know that you brought the subject up George just out of interest how many of those that have posted work did you comment on and those that you did not was there a reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version