General Category > General Discussion

Gallery Stat's

<< < (5/6) > >>

michaelb:
scores GBF 6 Derek 3 BHT 2 Les 2 all others one ....turning time nil

Les Symonds:

--- Quote from: michaelb on July 18, 2019, 07:20:07 AM ---scores GBF 6 Derek 3 BHT 2 Les 2 all others one ....turning time nil

--- End quote ---
...probably totally inaccurate, Michael, you have no idea how much time each of us has spent turning since this thread started! Having said that, if what you meant was that the time that each of us spent writing our posts in this thread was at the cost of turning time, well then it will be a sad world to livwe in if one's work or hobby had to take absolute precedence over any degree of social interaction.

Les

GBF:
Hi Les that just about sums up what I was trying to get over on this thread

Regards George

Twisted Trees:
Forum stats are often misleading, I have my computer located between my workshop and my coffee machine, therefore I look at this and other forums as well as my Email on the frequent journeys  between the two key points of my day, if I happen to open your gallery post, make coffee go to the workshop for 47 minutes then on route to the next coffee hit refresh on the open page I will have looked at least twice according to the stats, but may not have stopped once to really look.

On another forum I have a multi page review, that involved me stopping work frequently to take stage pictures etc. which has been seen over 200 times without a single comment it is not only the nature of the internet, I also have articles into the club newsletter, which receive zero feedback, I know they get messed up with photo's out of place or even non related photo's mixed in to them, but even that should get some comment! I missed this months deadline as I was away for a few days, and there is NOTHING except editors notes in this month newsletter. 

But I work on the optimistic theory that someone will one day recall one line of my babble and go out and do something fun or useful as a result.

Many of the pictures in the gallery I don't comment on, but they are all designs floating around my head that may one day map onto a piece of timber I put on the lathe, so please continue to post, pewter doesn't interest me at this moment of my life, but shapes and forms and ideas come from seeing things. Similarly I was in Cornwall yesterday, spotted some turning by John Fells, no idea if he is a member here, the shapes and forms were mostly standard fare but I took interest in the pricing for the items, it will all help to guide my hand to ensure that I am in the ball park with my work. The community of turners is important especially as we are often so far apart and so distracted in this modern world.

In a nutshell, Please keep sharing your work, I can't always comment, often if I just think "that's nice" it feels wrong to just say it. But if I copy the design that is a great compliment, you will probably have to just imagine it happened as I will have forgotten the source of inspiration long before I forget the flow and form of a design. 

Damn... coffee has been drunk... need to make one to take to the shop now! ;)

Derek:

--- Quote from: michaelb on July 18, 2019, 07:20:07 AM ---scores GBF 6 Derek 3 BHT 2 Les 2 all others one ....turning time nil

--- End quote ---

Yes turning time nil for me but what you forget is that some of us can't stand for long periods at the lathe for one reason or another. It is now taking me twice or even three times as long to produce something and just wish I could spend longer doing so.

So comments like this are useless without other facts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version