General Category > General Discussion

New Website

<< < (5/6) > >>

John Plater:
Hello George,
So, I had a look. The website is straightforward to use (on my lap top as I don't use a smartphone). The content, as one would expect, is superb given the years of experience and well developed skills which underpin that content. There are errors of grammar but I think that they could be dealt with quite easily by wordsmiths who may well be clueless about woodturning !! I suspect that to do any more with a website would cost a great deal more. In my limited experience the direct control of the content of more sophisticated websites (with all of the bells and whistles which some people have come to expect) is lost and that can be quite frustrating and expensive. The bottom line, as they say, is that a non woodturner browsing for whatever reason will not be put off whilst there is plenty for the more knowledgeable to take in.
ATB John

GBF:
Thank you John
Changes are being made and it should all be done in the next day or two
I will update everybody when it is done

Regards George

GBF:
Hi All

This Website is now hopefully complete and up and running.
When I  put this on here I never expected the amount of possessive feedback that i have received.
All suggestions have been considered and a lot of suggestions have been implemented.
Thank you all for the possessive feedback it is very much appreciated.

Regards George

Duncan A:
The website is a master class in clarity and ease of navigation; a lot of "big bucks" website developers could learn from that.
I particularly like the fact that the top menu doesn't drop down automatically and obscure the view every time the cursor passes over it - it is so much easier to let the visitor choose.

Being pedantic, there are a few things I would change in the names on the Links page. Sorry, didn't spot them first time round, and they don't affect meaning or functionality but nevertheless:
Change Awgb to AWGB
Change Register of professional turners to Register of Professional Turners
Change Gbf Masonry Cleaning to GBF Masonry Cleaning
Change Bever Stocksaws to Beverstock Saws
Change Hampshiresheen to Hampshire Sheen

I wish our club website was half as good!
Duncan

GBF:
Thank you Duncan all noted and will be changed 

Regards George

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version