General Category > General Discussion

Help with Poolwood Euro 2000 lathe

(1/2) > >>

J Steven Anderson:
Hi
Anybody know of any electrical engineer who can help? I have have a Poolwood Euro 2000 and it just went 'bang'. I think it could be the starter but I am not sure.

Any advise would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Steven

Les Symonds:
Hi Steven....welcome to the forum and I'm sorry to hear about the "Bang", that must have been a tad traumatic. The first piece of advise that I can offer is that you give readers some idea of where in the UK you are! Many of us may know elec-engs, but location will be everything!

Good luck with getting it sorted.
Les

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Sounds like it could be your capacitor. If it was me, I would open up the little bump on the side of the motor. If it is the capacitor it will smell awful and there may be a leakage of black gunk. Don't touch it with naked fingers but clean it up as best you can. The capacitor details will be written on it . go to a wholesaler and buy a new one. There is usually only 2 wires to connect.

Paul Hannaby:
If I remember rightly, those lathes have DVR motors and wouldn't have a capacitor - they are just used on single phase AC motors.

happy amateur:
It might be worth sending an email to https://www.paulhowardwoodturner.co.uk/

of the sphere and router jigs. I know he has serviced a Euro 1500 for a friend of mine.

He may be able to advise you

Fred Taylor
orchard-woodturners.org.uk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version