General Category > General Discussion

New Project

<< < (2/5) > >>

Mike313:
George, I'm sure others, like me, have read your work-in-progress and perhaps, like me, prefer to see the finished item before commenting. Often I haven't time to comment, I take a few moments to read posts but haven't the time right there-and-then to write a comment. Besides, I find it hard to judge a work in progress, but when the work is finished I bet you will get lots of comments. Having seen the wide range of items you have designed on your website, I'm looking forward to seeing it when it is completed. Keep up the good work :)

GBF:
Thank you Mike I get what you are saying I just wonder sometimes if I am talking to myself.I have done some more today and will put it on Blog Later

Regards George

GBF:
My intention with this was to create a frame outside of the ply with an upstand of 1/4 inch that is now done.
Then I was going to place Pewter circles random into what is now like a tray fill it with Resin then sand it all off level,
I am now wondering whether to paint the inside of the tray and stick the circles inside and not fill with resin.
This might give a more 3D effect what do you think .
For them that have not been following my Blog WIP there is a picture below to show where I am at.
I have also cast the Pewter circles and whatever decision I make will effect how i finish them

Regards George

bodrighywood:
Prefer the idea of having the 3d effect. Problem is it is difficult to visualise so might work with resin.

Pete

GBF:
I think i will try the 3D effect then I can always add resin if i think it would look better
Thanks for your input Pete

Regards George

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version