General Category > General Discussion

Edwardian Ladies

<< < (2/6) > >>

bodrighywood:
Main advantage of doing it held in a chuck is that you need less pressure through the unsupported sections. When doing it between centres it can be awkward cutting without tightening too much as it can spin between the centres.

Pete

Twisted Trees:
I get that Pete, but find I really don't need a lot of pressure on the steb center, I did it during training, I think we were making legs for a three legged stool which would explain  the using a fixed size circle, plus the sizing would have been quite chunky as a stool leg.

I am inspired Ron's post to make one when I go to the workshop tomorrow, have a granddaughter who can paint it herself and would probably treasure it.

Martin Lawrence:

I have attached, a document explaining the step by step process for these that I used to do at the end of a demo when I had 10 minutes to spare.

Cheers Martin.

julcle:
Now there's an excellent document for our Monthly challenge, May I use this in our club Martin ?  --  Julian

burywoodturners:
Thanks to everyone for their responses to my plea!
I had tried this between centres,but Colin Smith (SE AWGB Rep) showed us the way to use the chuck, but this was a while ago and I could not remember the rest of it!
A big thank you to Martin for the document,now printed off ready to try again tomorrow.
Now I know its a peg doll I can search again on YouTube.

I will post pictures of my success, assuming I have any!
Thank again
Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version