General Category > General Discussion

Lighting

<< < (4/7) > >>

Twisted Trees:
At 200wat equivelent and £1.99 each these are a bit of a bargain...

https://www.lepro.co.uk/30w-led-floodlight-outdoor-waterproof-daylight-white-340002-dw-eu-a.html?utm_campaign=UK-EDM-11.19-B2C%20%28JMaLbS%29&utm_medium=email&utm_source=B2C%2015%20Days%20no%20order-Received%20Email%20or%20Active%20on%20Site&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJwZXRlQHR3aXN0ZWR0cmVlcy5jby51ayIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIkhzQXNQMyJ9

burywoodturners:
Never mind outdoors, they will be great over the bench and the lathe
Ron

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Typical really, I was quite happy with my daylight strip lights and 150w spot lamp over the lathe, reading through this thread I decided that if my lights went I would go for LEDs next time. Guess what? a couple of days after reading the thread my spot light went, tried to get a new bulb and they don't make them for that light anymore (it was really old) so I bit the bullet and made a capitol investment of £14 or so plus VAT and brought an LED spot light.
I stripped the mounting fittings off of the old one and fitted them to the new one and it works a treat with an added bonus......my head no longer gets burnt by the heat!! and, I have noticed that the dust does not settle on the glass as much so it stays brighter for longer between each wipe. Cooler to wipe too... I just can't stop winning really.

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: The Bowler Hatted Turner on November 19, 2019, 07:33:58 PM ---I just can't stop winning really.

--- End quote ---

Give it a couple of years and it will save you so much on the electricity it will pay for itself and probably save at least half a polar bear too...  ;)

The Bowler Hatted Turner:

--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on November 19, 2019, 08:56:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: The Bowler Hatted Turner on November 19, 2019, 07:33:58 PM ---I just can't stop winning really.

--- End quote ---

Give it a couple of years and it will save you so much on the electricity it will pay for itself and probably save at least half a polar bear too...  ;)

--- End quote ---
What am I going to do with half a polar bear?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version