General Category > General Discussion

Lighting

<< < (2/7) > >>

burywoodturners:
When my nearly new LED light over the lathe went phut, I looked for something brighter, I bought an out door LED floodlight from Screwfix for under £15 and mounted it above the lathe. According to the blurb it is the equivalent to 200 watts and and is more than sufficient. It barely get warm to the touch. Get one without the motion sensor and wire it to a 13a plug
Ron

Twisted Trees:
Big improvement in lighting and many less burned ears since LED's became available  :)

davidbrac:
I too use a swing lamp with a led lamp in it. However I have just been installing some led strips, and had some of cuts. Stuck some magnets to them and I can stick the led to a tool rest, or even a to a tool whilst it is in a vessel

bodrighywood:
Not sure I would want wires hanging around like that when turning. i know they're fairly thin but seems a bit dodgy to me especially inside a hollow piece.

Pete

HillClimb:
This is extremely bright - inexpensive - I mounted mine on a simple shop-made base/bracket made from cheap construction lumber (eg. 4x2")  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Timstore-Outdoor-Floodlight-Waterproof-Daylight/dp/B07PSHXDGG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=50w+led+craft+flood&qid=1572479572&sr=8-1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version