General Category > General Discussion

Congratulations!!

<< < (3/3)

John Plater:

--- Quote from: The Bowler Hatted Turner on December 04, 2019, 04:55:49 PM ---
Pete perhaps I could get away with herding woodturners....oh no on second thoughts that could be like herding cats couldn't it?

--- End quote ---
Hello John,
Congratulations indeed on becoming a Freeman. One of those quintessentially British things and long may they continue. We share acquaintances who have spoken to me very highly in praise of the work you do for our craft.
I think that there is a clue in our name, we are turners (and not necessarily followers) and that makes the herding cats metaphor very appropriate  ;D
ATB John

The Bowler Hatted Turner:

--- Quote from: Derek on December 05, 2019, 05:57:12 PM ---Congratulations John

--- End quote ---
Thankyou Derek

--- Quote from: John Plater on December 06, 2019, 12:13:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: The Bowler Hatted Turner on December 04, 2019, 04:55:49 PM ---
Pete perhaps I could get away with herding woodturners....oh no on second thoughts that could be like herding cats couldn't it?

--- End quote ---
Hello John,
Congratulations indeed on becoming a Freeman. One of those quintessentially British things and long may they continue. We share acquaintances who have spoken to me very highly in praise of the work you do for our craft.
I think that there is a clue in our name, we are turners (and not necessarily followers) and that makes the herding cats metaphor very appropriate  ;D
ATB John

--- End quote ---
Thank you John, always very good to hear nice comments, especially so when they are from friends. If I did not enjoy my job I would not do it.

julcle:
Nice one John, Glad that you have some recognition for all of your hard work - Congratulations.
Julian

Thank you Julian.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version