General Category > General Discussion

Help desperately needed

<< < (5/9) > >>

Newbster:

--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on December 11, 2019, 01:52:41 PM ---Good to know, now be sure to turn something that needs a chuck and not a spindle drive  ;) clean up the thread, do not lubricate with anything wet or dust will stick to it, and get in the habit of unscrewing whatever you have been using at the end of the day. It's all to easy to think "Oh I will leave that on for tomorrow" then get distracted and come back in a months time to find it stuck.

--- End quote ---

Many thanks for the tip. I was going to go at it with a bit of bread soda and vinegar but would a bit of wax or axle grease be any harm?

Lazurus:
I use a good quality marine was on everything.

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: Newbster on December 11, 2019, 01:57:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on December 11, 2019, 01:52:41 PM ---Good to know, now be sure to turn something that needs a chuck and not a spindle drive  ;) clean up the thread, do not lubricate with anything wet or dust will stick to it, and get in the habit of unscrewing whatever you have been using at the end of the day. It's all to easy to think "Oh I will leave that on for tomorrow" then get distracted and come back in a months time to find it stuck.

--- End quote ---

Many thanks for the tip. I was going to go at it with a bit of bread soda and vinegar but would a bit of wax or axle grease be any harm?

--- End quote ---

Machine wax, or PTFE basically dry lubricants are best, axle grease will collect dust and cause problems. But remove anything screwed on every night and leave the thread dry and clean and you shouldn't have any further problems.

Ianparkin:
Out of interest what thread is it?

Newbster:

--- Quote from: Ianparkin on December 11, 2019, 02:44:18 PM ---Out of interest what thread is it?

--- End quote ---

Right hand thread and Ian thank you again for all your help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version