General Category > General Discussion

Help desperately needed

<< < (8/9) > >>

RichardS:
The Lathe looks the same as the Clarke Lathe which is the same as other branded lathes from various suppliers.

Newbster:

--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on December 11, 2019, 09:47:21 PM ---I think some more pictures of the Lathe may help, The viking name hasn't inspired recognition, but quite a few lathes are painted different colours and have brand labels stuck on them but are fundamentally the same machine. Someone on here may recognise the overall lathe under a different brand and the manual may exist online.

Hope the ebay chuck fits, but if not take the 2 prong drive you just removed to an engineering shop and they will tell you exactly what the thread is, and while you are there get them to skim it and remove all the damage done in removing it  :D

--- End quote ---

Yes, I will do as you say and get that skimmed because the chances of finding another seem to be fairly remote at this stage.

Some shots which might solve the mystery of who made this.

Newbster:

--- Quote from: RichardS on December 12, 2019, 11:07:51 AM ---The Lathe looks the same as the Clarke Lathe which is the same as other branded lathes from various suppliers.

--- End quote ---

Do the photos above ring any bells Richard?

Newbster:

--- Quote from: RichardS on December 12, 2019, 11:07:51 AM ---The Lathe looks the same as the Clarke Lathe which is the same as other branded lathes from various suppliers.

--- End quote ---

I've done a little bit of digging. This lathe appears to be swedish made by Dal vast Industrigruppen which is now a government owned company by the name of Samhall. That's about as far as I've got but there isn't another machine like it online and it's not for the want of looking.

Ianparkin:
You really need to be able to measure accurately the spindle
If you can borrow a digital calliper and measure across the peaks of the threads that will give you the thread diameter ..looking at your pic of the thread its likely to be one of the following
Common sizes are 24mm or 25mm or in imperial 1” 7/8” 1 1/8”
Then across as many peaks as you can measure the pitch
So if you measure 5 pitches in 15mm its 3 mm pitch....or if its 5 pitches in 12.7mm it could be 10 tpi
Then you need to measure the register diameter (the plain section after the threads)

As the lathe is made in Sweden it could be a metric form but it may be imperial

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version