General Category > General Discussion

Sounding bowls

(1/2) > >>

bertilak:
Hello! This is my first post here although I've been turning for about 30 years! There was a post a few years ago about Tobias Kaye's sounding bowls. I first came across these in an article in a book I once borrowed from a library, needless to say I can't remember anything about the book! I had a go at making one using some old guitar strings and the sound was surprisingly good. What do people think about offering these for sale along with my other work? I haven't copied them but used my memory as a starting point. I'm using brass screws and zither wrest pins rather than machine heads.

bertilak:
PS, Does anyone remember the original article? It must have been '70s or'80s and it may have been Fine Woodworking as I'm pretty sure it was black and white. Cheers!

Les Symonds:
Tobias is very clear on this issue....you MUST NOT make them for sale. Tobias did all the groundwork and fine-honed the designs, which are fully registered in his name.  It is a well patented product!

Les

GBF:

--- Quote from: Les Symonds on February 07, 2020, 03:45:34 PM ---Tobias is very clear on this issue....you MUST NOT make them for sale. Tobias did all the groundwork and fine-honed the designs, which are fully registered in his name.  It is a well patented product!

Les

--- End quote ---

That is true Les but I do not understand how someone can demonstrate and teach someone how to make something and then say if you make one and try to sell it i will take you to Court.

Regards George

KevinMc:
Hi had to look that’s up to see what it was about....

Read this:

https://www.soundingbowls.com/about-us/copyright/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version