General Category > General Discussion

Wood store rebuild

(1/6) > >>

Derek:
Not been very active in the workshop lately due to having lost the roof on one of my wood stores. So I have now managed to empty it into the other which I can no longer move in there. Having inspected the damage I have decided to rebuild it from the ground up.
So I will not be turning for a couple of weeks.
So the rebuild begins as the first of my wood has arrived but still can't go and start due to waiting for the roofing material to arrive, normal delivery somewhere between 8:00am to 7:00pm
Anyway this is the pile that I can start on.

So wish me luck

Twisted Trees:
Good luck, and leave it until next week! Storm Denis is not going to be a good assistant on the project!  ;D

Derek:

--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on February 14, 2020, 09:48:00 AM ---Good luck, and leave it until next week! Storm Denis is not going to be a good assistant on the project!  ;D

--- End quote ---

I can start as there is plenty of prep work to do before it is assembled. Going to make it in panels like a flatpack shed.

Luckily when the winds arrive I am on the sheltered side of the house touch wood that it does not change direction ;D ;D ;D

You never know the wind might just blow the rest of the old one down ;)

Roofing material just arrived so I now have all of the parts now where is part A I hate these flat packs that don't have instructions :-[

Twisted Trees:
I know what you mean, my new bench was a flat pack....  ;) most enjoyable it was too...

Mike313:
If your shed is without a roof, just four walls, with this storm coming at the week-end perhaps it would be a good idea to put some diagonal horizontal bracing at the corners to stiffen it. Just a thought . . . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version